Tuesday, April 5, 2011

All These Sleepless Nights And Running Thoughts

When I'm not sleeping, I'm awake. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Duh". Yeah, seems pretty pointless to say, but what you don't understand is that I spend a lot of time awake. Sometimes days on end. This happens to be one of those instances. Sad to say that I didn't put 100% of myself into this comic because, quite frankly, I'm too tired to care. But I promised one every Tuesday and I'll be damned if I'm called a liar.

Abruptly moving into an unrelated thought. I've been listening to a band called Jim's Big Ego recently and I'm way into this song called "Jumblies". It's a nonsense poem written by Edward Lear put to music. Anyways, the poem is about a group of little creatures called Jumblies that take a sieve out to sea in the middle of a thunderstorm. I wont go into excruciating detail, I'll post a link to the poem at the end of the post*. I'm pretty certain even though it's nonsense, it's about doing something that might seem like a bad idea, but ultimately ends up in growth. Even thought these little creatures are tossing and turning in a strainer in the middle of the ocean, they're on an adventure together. Something about this really resonates with me. Doing something that's a bad idea just for the sake of doing it. Like climbing on top of a cargo train, or dumpster diving. I'm so envious of the people who have the guts to just do what they want.

This is getting long and rambling. It's 12:04 AM on Tuesday. Enjoy.

Love, sincerely,
Garrett.

*http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment